Communications Director, Content (Instagram)
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Communications Director, Content will report to Instagram's Global Head of Communications and will be responsible for leading the communication efforts for Instagram's owned social media, including the @Instagram account with over 230 million followers, and Instagram's social strategy on other surfaces including Facebook and Twitter. Specifically, this role is responsible for overseeing a team who curates and creates content for Instagram's social surfaces.
Success in this role means leading the team to develop content strategy that will connect Instagram's consumer audience to our products â€" helping people see the benefits, inspire them to try, and excite them to share with their friends and family. The right person will drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about Instagram's mission to strengthen relationships through shared experiences.
As a visionary leader and great people manager who has an interest in storytelling she/he will be highly collaborative, working effectively and efficiently with other cross-functional functions, particularly communications, marketing, partnerships and public policy teams. The successful candidate will be a teacher and communicator, having extensive experience in people management, coaching and mentoring.
The role is located in San Francisco, California.
- Develop and oversee Instagram's content strategy on @Instagram as well as other owned social channels
- Oversee high functioning team responsible for curating and creating social media content
- Lead planning for video content partnerships, and establish operational processes for identification, prioritization and ongoing evaluation of partnerships and initiatives
- Establish goals and clearly defined metrics of success to measure quality of content, audience growth, engagement and content reach
- Create content based on trends and data insights
- Able to pivot team quickly to experiment with new types of programming
- Work collaboratively with communications, marketing, public policy and partnerships teams to establish ongoing video partnerships focusing on company priorities
- Expand Instagram's visual storytelling and voice
- Oversees programming, assesses pitches and sets the tone for the team
- Help team keep up with a fast-paced and varied production schedule
- 12+ years of editorial experience working with a global media publication with an emphasis on digital content creation, social media and video production
- Editorial experience, based on experience with content publications
- Experience in video content valuation, negotiations, content development/production, broadcast operations and/or project management
- Knowledge of content rights landscape and media environment, digital business models and consumer Internet/technology space
- Analytical experience and experience with both industry and Facebook-related data/metrics
- Experience building collaborative working relationships with cross-functional business partners, leads and peers
- Experience managing multiple projects across various teams and turning insights into action
- Track record of leadership and hands-on video business experience for global organizations
- Portfolio of work
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop working relationships inside and outside Facebook
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top