Communications Associate, VR Product (AR/VR)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Oculus is looking for a highly motivated Communications Associate to join the VR product team to lead a variety of initiatives across the Oculus team. The ideal candidate is someone who can work effectively across a wide range of internal teams, presents exceptional organizational skills and has strong media relationships. This person should have experience working in a communications or PR function for consumer products.
This person will be a key member of a strategic communications team that's responsible for leading PR for Oculus and Facebook's VR products and initiatives. Being able to work quickly and be comfortable with fluid situations in an always changing industry is key.
This position is full-time and will be located in Menlo Park, California.
- Create and lead the overall hardware reviews program for the entire suite of VR products
- Develop strategic ongoing proactive programs to support product and company goals
- Maintain deep relationships with reporters
- Work closely with the larger Oculus communications team to organize press briefings, media tours and events
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across Oculus and Facebook
- Carefully track industry trends, news and competitors to inform strategies
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications or related field
- 3+ years experience in technology or consumer product communications environment
Back to top