Communications Associate Manager, Writer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a sophisticated writer to support our communications and social media efforts. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio of written material that proves an ability to convey nuanced ideas about products and policies in clear, elegant prose. An ability to communicate complex concepts in simple language is crucial. We’re looking for someone who can work collaboratively with product teams, deliver high-quality work on a tight deadline, and adapt to quickly changing demands. Experience working with product managers — and with technical material — is a plus. Proven organizational, deadline writing and social media experience is critical.
This position is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Develop and write product explanations
- Research and write on extremely tight deadlines
- Develop and implement social media strategies for product teams, with a heavy emphasis on writing
- Support execution of an integrated communications strategy, including managing a complex calendar of engagements
- Develop special communication projects in support of key corporate communications priorities
- Develop and maintain media archives
- Help develop complementary visuals and videos for internal and external communications
- Help assimilate content and fine-tune delivery
- Repackage materials as needed to ensure content and concepts extend into other communication efforts
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in executive communications, journalism or speechwriting
- Experience writing on a tight deadline
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top