Communications Associate Manager, Marketplace
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Associate Manager to oversee product launches and proactive public relations campaigns centered on Facebook Marketplace commerce efforts.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and passionate about e-commerce, international markets, and launching products. Marketplace helps people discover products they love and helps businesses drive sales. This person should have a deep understanding of online marketplace trends, industry competitive landscapes, and business models.
The position requires knowledge of Facebook consumer products and technology products in general. Candidates should have experience building proactive communications and storytelling programs. Experience developing media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial.
This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will also be able to craft blogs, press releases, talking points, and other media releases catered towards both internal and external audiences. Additionally, this person is expected to work cross-functionally to drive teams towards a launch or common goal.
The position is located in San Francisco or Menlo Park, California.
- Strategic planning: work closely with various Facebook teams and external PR agencies to develop proactive and reactive communications campaigns that support Marketplace's product and marketing goals
- Creative storytelling: develop narratives that drive excitement for Marketplace with tech, business, consumer, local press
- Build deep relationships with the media, and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and media events
- Counsel cross-functional partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications or related field
- 5+ years Public Relations experience either from an agency or in-house
- Experience working with technology, consumer and business media
- Experience working with partners and managing product launches
- Experience managing partner programs
- Experience working with diverse consumer groups
Back to top