Communications Associate Manager, Executive Social Media (Building 8)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 is a new group at Facebook that brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and advance Facebook's mission of giving people the power to build community and bringing the world closer together.The Building 8 team will create breakthrough innovation at the intersection of ambitious science and an application that matters. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships with universities, and small and large businesses. We are seeking a skilled communicator and social media expert to join the Building 8 team. The ideal candidate will have a communications or social media background and the ability to package narratives around complex and nuanced topics for social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and blogs. This individual excels at working collaboratively with high-level executives and colleagues alike, understands the importance of tone/voice and can consistently deliver high-quality work even under severe time constraints.
- Drive social media strategy for vice president of engineering and head of Building 8
- Build social media plan that's measured against clearly defined objectives tracked over time
- Manage executive social posts and interactions
- Create ongoing calendar of social media content and opportunities
- Develop a wide range of assets for social posts including photos, videos, gifs, and more, partnering with creative team as needed
- Collaborate with Building 8 and Facebook communications teams to ensure consistency and alignment at all levels
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience in social media, communications, journalism or related industries
- Demonstrated success in crafting messages for social media platforms
- Knowledge of social media platforms and tracking tools
- A background in technology or consumer products
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top