Communication Systems Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Communication Systems Engineer will be required to independently develop solutions to complex communication system problems. As a Systems Engineer, you will be involved in all phases of the project and work with several engineers, contractors, vendors and cross-functional partners to lead research, engineering, prototyping and delivery of advanced communication systems. In particular, you will work with other technical leads and program managers to clearly understand and define communication systems and drive external vendors through full product realization. As a Communication Systems Engineer, you will also be required to train and mentor others in system hardware operation, troubleshooting, and measurement techniques. Must be willing to travel. This position is based out of our Northridge, CA office.
- Define innovations and technical contributions to improve product design in area of PHY, MAC, Network controller or overall
- Support definition, implementation, and execution of the program vision, strategy, and tactics
- Engage in bringing up, debugging and tuning the performance of product in the lab and field
- Develop models of overall system performance and engage in performance tradeoffs to maximize system performance
- Knowledge of technology drivers and ecosystem around the communications industry
- Experience doing simulation and modeling work to influence standardization organizations such as 3GPP
- Demonstrated experience thinking of or building new capabilities within the communications domain(s) of terrestrial or aerospace systems
- MS or PhD with minimum 7 years experience in communication system link budget definition and analysis
- Knowledge of RF imperfections and their effect on communication system performance
- Experience on advanced techniques such as MU-MIMO, Massive MIMO, digital beamforming, FD MIMO, LAA
- Knowledge of electromagnetic propagation, fading, multi-path and cellular propagation (urban/suburban/rural/remote) models
- Experience in CPRI/OBSAI interface standards
- Knowledge with at least one of the listed test equipment: Channel Emulators, Channel Sounders, RF Microwave/Millimeter wave Synthesizers, Spectrum Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes, RF Power Meters, Arbitrary Waveform Generators, Logic Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, Signal Generators
- Experience participating in practical deployments
- Experience with MATLAB, Python or C/C++
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top