Communication Manager, Korea (Instagram)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Over 1 billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them. Instagram is seeking an experienced communications manager to support our growing communications needs in APAC. The ideal candidate is a creative and strategic thinker with strong experience in developing and executing high-profile communication programs. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The individual will work on communications campaigns to reach a wide range of audiences and stakeholders, including consumer and industry press, as well as business and tech influencers. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work cross-functionally, lead proactive and reactive communications programs with tangible results, and have excellent media relations skills. This role is based in Seoul, Korea.
- Develop and manage communications strategies and initiatives to support Instagram's product, consumer, monetization, and policy efforts in Korea
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media including consumer, business, technology and advertising trade media
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Instagram
- Support and manage the creation of press materials
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across Instagram and Facebook in Asia Pacific and US
- Manage agency support
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- Minimum bachelor's degree
- Minimum 8+ years communications experience, both agency and in-house preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work cross-functionally and mange a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience in managing multiple PR agencies and contractors
- Experience in consumer and tech industry a plus
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills (additional language skills a plus)
- Strong passion for Instagram
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top