Communication Designer - The Studio
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Studio is a team at Facebook that designs product and program identities, creates product launch assets, builds marketing campaigns, and develops collateral for internal and external events.
We are looking for a Designer to join Facebookâ€™s creative Studio team. This person will be responsible for shaping and leading design communications across several product initiatives.
As an experienced designer, you are comfortable collaborating and providing a creative point of view with other graphic designers, animators, product designers, engineers, film makers, creative directors, marketing managers and producers to grow and evolve this body of work from a design perspective.
The ideal individual for this role is a multi-faceted and innovative problem-solver that has an eye for great creative work, talent, and the ability to deliver and launch initiatives on time, on budget, and on strategy. The successful candidate should have strong, focused experience in Graphic design with a thorough understanding of Design principals and typography.
Additionally, the designer must be a clear communicator, a team player, and proven ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver world-class creative work.
- Will oversee the work of other designers and communicate design direction in addition to being a hands-on designer
- Design and prototype for product branding, campaigns, launches, events, and user education projects
- Collaborate with Writers, Engineers, Product Designers, Strategists and Product Marketing Managers
- 8+ years experience in graphic design industry
- Experience communicating in the language of design
- Experience designing brand systems as well as creating iconography and typography
- Working knowledge of animation
- Knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Sketch
- Experience thinking strategically and redefining problems rather than executing on solutions
- Knowledge in product design and project strategy
- Experience with content strategy
- Portfolio features communication design across multiple medium including web, advertising, events and conceptual brand expressions
- Portfolio link and resume
- BFA or MFA
- Track record of self-initiated projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top