Communication Designer / Art Director
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's internal agency, The Factory (https://www.facebook.com/factory), is responsible for helping over a billion people understand Facebook's products and mission. We design all user-facing communication including product marketing, brand campaigns, films, user education and in-product experiences. We produce creative campaigns that communicate and re-enforce our core brand values and continue to evolve the Facebook voice and tone. We are looking for an experienced designer to join the team with a background in brand design and/or digital product marketing. You must be comfortable working across many media. You're a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You have a strong point of view on design. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding.
- Design for product branding, events, ads, and user education projects
- Collaborate with Writers, Engineers, Strategists Product Marketing Managers
- Design and prototype for various Facebook design projects
- Must have portfolio link and resume
- Portfolio features high-level communication design across multiple media including web, advertising, events and conceptual brand expressions.
- 5+ years experience as designer at a creative agency or on an in-house team
- Ability to think strategically and redefine problems rather than executing on solutions
- Understanding of product design and project strategy
- Attention to detail
- Can articulate design decisions
- History of self-initiated projects
- Experience with content strategy
- (No coding or development experience necessary)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top