Communication Design Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced design manager for the Communication Design team within the Artificial Intelligence group. As an integral part of the Design and User Experience team, the Communication Design team is chartered with helping users love, understand, and trust Facebook. They focus on product marketing, overall brand presence, and driving overall user engagement. The team is multi-talented, partnering with internal teams to build both online and offline design solutions/systems.
The Communication Design Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day work of the team - setting team goals, managing project priorities and building and maintaining relationships with key constituents within Facebook. While the primary responsibilities of this role will be management, this person will also need to roll up their sleeves and design.
- Manage and develop a small team of designers. This requires setting clear goals, managing the project load and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, and setting up team members for overall success.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal product, user experience and marketing teams on projects that directly affect Facebook's overall goals.
- Seek hard problems and find creative ways to help Facebook become one of the world's top brands.
- Evangelize the team's charter, both internally and externally.
- Work closely with other design managers to support the Design team, which includes Product Design, User Experience, User Interface Engineering.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- 7+ years design experience
- 3+ years experience managing and scaling a design team
- Design portfolio in both print and web design
- Knowledge of brand building
- Organizational and analytical experience in requirements gathering, resource organization, and schedule development
- Communication experience
- Marketing/brand design within online product experience.
Back to top