Commercial Spam Specialist, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is seeking a solutions-oriented, data-savvy self-starter with a passion for helping others, protecting our community and being the voice of our users. This individual will sit within the Global Spam Operations team, and work to improve the overall user experience by delivering qualitative and quantitative insight into user behavior. By providing support to individuals in need, the Commercial Spam Specialist will identify areas for process improvement, help us intelligently scale our operations by optimizing and automating processes and solve challenging problems and help to prevent them.
This position is full time and based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Develop a deep understanding of spam and how it affects Facebook, Instagram and our communities
- Analyze data to identify trends in malicious accounts and spam
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to identify trends and opportunities in driving down spam and other nefarious behavior
- Work directly with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues
- Communicate insights around the spam ecosystem to Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners
- Use signals and insights to develop ideas for scalable solutions to support our users
- Gather, analyze and utilize relevant data to develop ways to improve the overall user support experience
- Use your problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems
- Use and learn tools like SQL and Excel to drive efficient analytics and reporting
- BA/BS degree
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in role involving strategic/analytical initiatives (operations, project management, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems)
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
- 1+ years of work experience with data sets
- 6+ months work experience with SQL
- Ability to think strategically using analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication
- Analytical skills, with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in team environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top