Commercial Counsel - Platform
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for a highly motivated, business-minded, flexible and diligent attorney who is interested in jumping into and creating positive impact across a myriad of Platform products. You will interact closely with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel and innovative products in an exciting environment. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's platform products, partnerships and business development teams
- Issue spot and manage legal issues that arise in connection with partnerships and agreements
- Provide strategic and practical business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Actively collaborate with clients, other teams within Legal, and cross-functional teams across the company to coordinate on the above matters
- Thrive, innovate and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment (potentially with minimal supervision)
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar
- 3+ years of technology transactions experience at a global law firm and/or commercial counsel experience at a technology company
- Experience advising clients on: drafting (including from scratch), and negotiating commercial agreements for technology companies
- Experience adapting to changing priorities and organizational needs
- Experience negotiating commercial agreements for platform products
Back to top