Commercial Counsel - Inbound & Development
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Counsel on the Commercial Legal team for Inbound and Development in Facebook's San Francisco office. This full-time position will work with a wide variety of teams across the company. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of agreements including software licensing, purchasing, maintenance, cooperative development, professional services and other agreements for a wide array of internal teams including Facilities, IT, Corporate Communications, Payments, and Human Resources teams
- Assume primary responsibility for all legal issues related to these contracts, including risk management
- Provide strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and vendors
- Primary responsibility for resolution of legal issues that arise in our commercial relationships
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the Commercial Legal team and its processes
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 3+ years commercial transactions experience, including knowledge of Internet business and legal issues
- Experience working on variety of legal matters
- Technology experience (software licensing, product development, intellectual property)
- Drafting and negotiation experience along with business judgment and strategic thinking
- Client management experience
- Experience managing projects simultaneously
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top