Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve as Commercial Counsel to support its commercial transactions for Facebook. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of platform commercial agreements, including new business development initiatives, platform integrations, IP transactions, technology licenses and beta and user trial agreements. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position and some travel will be required.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's platform products, partnership and business development teams
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our products and programs
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar
- 3+ years of technology transactions experience working at or for technology companies (either in-house and/or at a global law firm)
- Experience drafting, negotiating and managing technology deals (e.g., technology licensing, product development, platform integrations, etc.)
- Experience working on and managing numerous projects and deals simultaneously
- Experience exercising business judgment and strategic thinking
- Technology transactions experience at or for platform companies (either in-house and/or at a global law firm)
Back to top