Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a talented and highly-motivated transactional lawyer to serve as Commercial Counsel supporting its original content, video production, content licensing and other media initiatives. You will work with entertainment partnerships content teams to structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts in connection with entertainment content for Facebookâ€™s video service. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and business operations. This is a full-time position.
- Contract reviewing, drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's entertainment partnerships content teams
- Provide strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key media partners
- Manage and resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Travel, domestic and international, is required
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 3+ years of legal experience, including in-house experience with television production company, network, media, internet or technology companies, or comparable experience within an entertainment law firm
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating agreements for the development, production and distribution of scripted and unscripted audiovisual programming, including production services agreements, content license agreements, distribution agreements, and above-the-line talent agreements
- Knowledge of the media landscape, including experience with media-focused technology and entertainment business models
- Experience working with guilds/unions (e.g., SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, IATSE)
- Experience advising on clearance matters, evaluating intellectual property rights/chain of title issues and/or legal production work related to audiovisual content
- Experience providing counsel to internet companies with video products and services offered to consumers
- International production legal experience
- Ability to work independently and react quickly to make decisions that have both legal and business impact, and manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think creatively and be solution-oriented
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top