Commerce Operations Associate
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Commerce Operations is a rapidly growing team within our Global Operations function. Its mission is to build and deliver operations to provide the integrity, experience, and support for Commerce users across the Facebook Family of Apps.
We're growing this team to develop new operation capabilities to support Facebook's growing Commerce products, including Customer Support and Post Purchase Operations, and are looking for people with both the passion and ability to build new operational teams which focus on user needs.
We partner closely with several cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, and data science, to ensure high quality and safe experiences for both people and businesses across the Facebook family of apps.
Successful candidates for this team are adaptable, creative, have a bias toward action, aren't afraid of being wrong, and can successfully work across various teams & countries.
- Become a subject matter expert in workflows spanning a variety of business integrity disciplines (policy creation & enforcement, content review, process optimization, spam research & mitigation, advertiser experience, vendor management, measurement & reporting) in order to effectively advocate for operational excellence of those workflows with key stakeholders (e.g., Product, Engineering, Legal, and other cross-functional teams)
- Investigate & define clear business problems and prioritize solutions using data-driven analytics, developing success metrics to measure project performance and alignment with team mission and goals
- Effectively plan and manage complex projects from the initial ideation phase through final execution to further our mission
- Be on the front lines of the workflow and proactively communicate regular updates, concerns, trends and the impact of changes to all internal stakeholders
- Develop and deliver measurement and reporting to quantify the impact of all launches, and monitor and analyze product and operational health metrics
- Drive internal and external process improvements, consulting with cross-functional teams to understand needs and pain points related to tools support, solve workflow problems, and ensure internal tools and automation systems are fully leveraged
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- BA/BS degree
- 1+ years of work experience in a role involving strategic/analytical initiatives (i.e. operations, project management, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems)
- Experience communicating with a variety of audiences
- Critical thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience working and communicating with global teams
- Ability to source and manipulate both internal and external data sets
- Experience with or exposure to SQL
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience in the business analysis of processes, metrics, workflows, or operations
Back to top