Collections Operations Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Finance team is seeking an experienced professional to join the North America Collection team to provide collections process ownership and support. This position will be based in Austin, TX.
The primary responsibility of this Collections Operations Manager role is to ensure a fully optimized process for Facebook's collection activities. You will support and partner with the external and internal Facebook Collection team, along with the Sales organization with the ultimate goal of ensuring timely collections in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment. The Collections Operations Manager will be a best-in-class professional representing Facebook and its subsidiaries, and will develop relationships with numerous Facebook Customers and provide assistance to them in all areas relating to Account Receivable management.
You will help to drive the overall process of Facebook's North American Collections including communication, reporting, and effectiveness in partnership with Facebook Finance, Sales, and Sales Support teams. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining a current and accurate North America portfolio of Facebook Customers by performing reconciliations, detailed account reviews and leading issue resolution when needed. You will be responsible for collection performance and routine reporting, along with ensuring that our Accounts Receivable transactions follow Facebook company policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
You will be required to interact with various levels of management across the Facebook organization - as well as interact routinely and effectively with external Facebook customers, their "in-house" or outsourced Accounts Payables team, and Agency and/or End Customer Media teams. Cross- functional projects will be an integral part of this role, with superior and effective project management, leadership, and interpersonal skills a must.
- Deliver structured and reliable process ownership for parts of the North America AR portfolio
- Continuous improvement of Facebook's collection processes
- Design, planning and implementation of process improvement projects
- Direct performance and review of Accounts Receivable aging analysis, cash receipt forecasting, collection aging management, Accounts Receivable reserve analysis, performance reporting, and other special projects
- Develop and deliver Collection process enhancements and other Collection training materials to Facebook Finance, Sales and Finance staff - along with best-in-class desktop procedures for North America Collections into our outsourced provider
- Day-to-day operational management of collections activities
- Manage Collection-related escalations and drive account suspensions and suspension resolution routinely
- Demonstrate superior ability to represent Facebook Finance on client calls - including effective management into clients' Finance, Agency, and/or End Customer media team, along with various other support teams
- Promote customer goodwill through professional Collection management and relationship building
- Support the Facebook Sales Organization by actively seeking and developing partnerships, understanding the business requirements and ensuring communication is maintained at the highest standards
- Month end close reporting responsibilities
- Participate in management reporting and projects as needed
- Think creatively to design and implement process solutions for the benefit of Facebook and its customers and to drive such solutions to completion
- Other job duties as required
- 5+ years of financial based experience, including experience in Collections operations
- Experience in identifying process issues and scoping possible solutions
- Experience in root cause analysis and problem-solving
- Experience in public presentation
- Experience with Oracle/SAP/other ERP system
- Experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- A subject matter expert in collections, AR or associated discipline and well versed in collections best practices
- Experience in a multinational company
- Proficiency in online advertising
- Statistical analysis foundation
- Experience with outsource providers and vendor management
- Demonstrate initiative, assertiveness, and integrity
- Organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrates continuous ability to multi-task with limited supervision and able to thrive under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Dedicated to building a great company
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top