CNC Prototyping Machinist - AR/VR
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We are expanding a modern prototyping facility to support our engineering design teams in the creation of future generations of AR/VR products. This facility is designed for model making, prototyping and short-run production of typically fewer than 100 pieces.
We are seeking a CNC Prototyping Machinist to join our team. This role will be responsible for programming, machining, working with engineers to debug designs, assisting with test fixture development, assembly work and so on. Our products utilize a variety of materials (from plastics to hard metals) and processes and the CNC Prototyping Machinist will either be familiar and experienced with these technologies or able to quickly get up to speed on new technologies.
The prototyping facility includes advanced 5- and 3-axis CNC machine tools, 5-axis water-jet cutting, and manual machine tools. The CNC Prototyping Machinist is responsible for the safe setup, operation and maintenance of this equipment, including tooling and fixture specification and procurement.
The machinist will work closely with mechanical engineering and industrial design teams to solve design and manufacturing issues. We move fast and are looking for a person who is driven to find the fastest, most efficient ways to go from CAD models to finished parts in real materials. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Responsibility for CAM programming and operation of all CNC and manual machining equipment.
- CNC Machining of parts in metal and plastic.
- Responsible for part quality and inspection.
- Interact with design engineers on part functionality, advise on the part suitability for machining.
- 10+ years of experience in a prototyping environment with advanced CNC machine tools.
- Experience running 3-axis milling equipment.
- Experience with CNC equipment.
- Experience with CAM software and CNC programming (HyperMILL, HSMWorks, NX).
- Experience with CAD software and fixture design (SolidWorks, NX).
- Experience with being self-driven and autonomous and experience participating in a range of needs in the shop.
- Experience with picking up software used in designing and building things.
- Experience being a problem solver.
- Experience communicating timelines and expectations to other groups within the AR/VR organization.
- Experience with 3D printing technologies.
Back to top