CNC Prototyping Machinist
(Woodland Hills, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are seeking a CNC Prototyping Machinist to join our new mechanical prototyping facility. This role will be responsible for programming, machining, working with engineers to debug designs, assisting with test fixture development, and assembly work. Our products utilize a variety of materials (from plastics to hard metals) and processes, and the CNC Prototyping Machinist will either be familiar and experienced with these technologies or be able to quickly get up to speed on new technologies. The CNC Prototyping Machinist will work closely with the rapid prototyping team to become more advanced with our machinery and with the mechanical engineering team to help solve design and manufacturing issues. We move fast and are looking for a person who is driven to grow into an advanced individual contributor role finding the fastest, most efficient ways to go from CAD models to finished parts in real materials.
- CAM programming and operation of all CNC and manual machining equipment
- CNC Machining of basic to moderately complex parts in metal and plastic
- Operation of fabrication equipment such has CNC brake press and water jet
- Part quality and inspection
- Ensure that the machines are properly maintained, that stock material supplies are adequate and that the shop is operated in a safe and workmanlike manner
- Interact with design engineers on part functionality, advise on the part suitability for machining
- Demonstrate quality craftsmanship, with a desire to produce the best quality components possible
- Experience with CNC controllers
- Familiar with fabrication
- Skills in CAM software and CNC programming
- Skills in CAD software and fixture design
- Experience in rapid prototyping environment
- Ability to communicate timelines and expectations to other groups within Facebook
- Experience running 3-axis milling equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand on your feet for eight hours.
- 2+ relevant years of experience in a prototyping environment with advanced CNC machine tools
- 2 year Associates Degree in machining, engineering, or fabrication or Engineering degree
- Experience with 4- and 5-axis milling equipment
- Skilled prototyper of electromechanical assemblies and familiar with typical shop tools
- Experience with Hypermill and HAAS
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top