CMF Specialist - Industrial Design, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a CMF specialist with a strong industrial design background/understanding. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Work closely with the Industrial design team to create a compelling CMF language for our products
- Help create the visual language of the brand and the physical nature of our products
- Lead the CMF explorations, manage internal and external resources
- Connect the brand to people, represent user-centric thinking and excellence in aesthetic and functional sensibilities while simultaneously addressing the design challenges represented by engineering constraints
- Help investigate the use of new materials and manufacturing technologies
- Bachelor's degree in industrial design, architecture, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial engineer developing consumer electronics or related products
- 2+ years experience leading design projects and directing development activities
- Experience with sketching and working within iterative prototyping processes
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling in SolidWorks or ProE
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with rendering software such as KeyShot
- Experience creating CMF strategies for products
- Experience with the manufacturing processes for consumer electronics
- Experience with color industry standards
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top