Cloud Applications PE Manager
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Cloud Applications PE manager's role will include supporting an AWS-based secure and scalable virtual desktop environment that provides vendor workers the tools they need to do their jobs, while ensuring data confidentiality and oversight. The Cloud Applications PE team owns the AWS backend infrastructure, including adding features required by business units onboarding to our VDI cloud application, scaling to accommodate forecasted 3x growth in 2020, evolving the architecture to take advantage of new AWS capabilities, improving automation and tooling, and ensuring a reliable and performant experience for users.In this role, you will collaborate with other Facebook teams, including other engineering teams, ops teams, and business owners. You will also collaborate externally with engineering partners such as AWS, as well as external vendor partners whose employees rely on our applications. The ideal candidate would have strong cross-functional experience building strong relationships with diverse teams inside and outside your organization. They would share our passion for designing and driving to closure customer-centric solutions to complex problems, while maintaining a strong security posture and high operational standards. The manager of this team should have a strong software engineering background, previous public cloud experience, and experience overseeing external engineering partners. They should enjoy improving the quality and security of engineering and internal environments. They should be comfortable working across the company, understanding the technical challenges, and identifying opportunities to streamline processes.For more information see our talk "How Facebook deployed Amazon WorkSpaces globally" given at the AWS Re:Invent conference.
- Manage a team of production engineers developing and supporting the Cloud applications backend
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it, and evaluate the team's performance
- Build strong team relationships with internal and external partners
- Influence the design and implementation of solutions using open-source/third party tools and automation
- Collaboratively and inclusively set direction for the team
- Lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of work experience in software engineering, including 2+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience
- At least 2 years experience working with a public cloud provider
- Communication and organizational experience
Back to top