Client Platform Engineering Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Client Platform team is a hybrid software/systems group that ensures Facebook’s employees have the systems they need to be as productive as possible. The Client Platform team works with nearly every business unit to provide solutions to a wide variety of business needs. Managing the Client Platform team requires a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of technologies, a focus on growing and developing the skills and talents of your team, a relentless drive to focus on high-value projects and to prioritize based on business impact and technology needs.
- Manage engineering and operations functions working on the heterogeneous client platforms for multiple business units under the Facebook umbrella.
- Understand technical architectures, tooling needs, automation plans, platform launch plans, community needs and other issues and create comprehensive plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges.
- Partner with Corporate IT infrastructure, information security, corporate network, field teams and other related groups to ensure a balance of global fleet health employee satisfaction.
- Partner with multiple teams to prioritize and balance work in terms of requests, engineering and operations.
- Ensure client licensing is up to date and properly forecast across a myriad of products related to the employee fleet.
- Balance the need to “keep things running” with allocating time to long-term, high-impact projects
- Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance
- Have a healthy respect for our motto ‘Move Fast and Break Things,’ but always make sure you know how to fix them.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience managing a 1,000+ unit fleet in a environment containing Windows, Mac, and Linux
- 3+ years of direct management experience in a technology company managing a group of at least 5 people
- 2+ years experience leading code reviews using standard development and code repository tooling such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial
- 2+ years Experience managing a client fleet of at least a 1,000 units using automated management such as one of the following: Chef, Munki, Puppet, Chocolaty
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top