Client Partner, Grocery
(Chicago, IL - Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a strong sales and marketing professional to help build and sell Facebook's advertising solutions to significant advertisers in the Grocery and Drugstore vertical. This role will cultivate and grow relationships with strategic clients representing some of the biggest brands in the industry. With proven understanding of both online and traditional media, this role will align with two Client Solutions Managers, counterparts within the Sales organization, to develop industry-specific marketing relationships and drive revenue by negotiating and optimizing complex opportunities with strategic clients. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in selling cross-network marketing solutions to multichannel advertisers as well as an understanding of the Grocery/ Drugstore and CPG industries and its key drivers for success. Client Partners must have strong consultative sales and analytical skills, thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment, and have a passion for Facebook. Success in this position will require a proven ability to reach and influence executive level customers, ecosystem partners (PMD's and Agencies), close new business, and provide holistic marketing solutions. This position will be located in New York City, NY, Chicago, IL or Menlo Park, CA.
- Serve as an industry thought leader in social media and digital advertising in order to drive vertical and client success leveraging Facebook's ongoing product and technology developments.
- Develop and actively manage short and long-term account plans based on client brand and direct response marketing objectives.
- Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources.
- Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, including understanding and identifying contacts that manage multiple budget, (Brand, DR etc.) and close large deals with major customers.
- Create and present needs-based solutions and high quality answers to RFPs.
- Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall vertical and team goals.
- Create and deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and Facebook marketing solutions.
- Exhibit executive presence and confidence in presenting Facebook to C-suite executives.
- Partner with other vertical teams on structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives - developing work plans, synthesizing market related data, leading analysis and defining the overall business approach.
- Methodical coordination & communication across the various entities (PMD, agency, direct client teams).
- 6+ years of Marketing, Brand Advertising, Direct Response, Media Sales and/or Online Advertising experience.
- Proven ability to build relationships with marketing decision makers and clients at the CMO level.
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative selling.
- Analytical and Excel skills, as well as proven ability to solve problems in a structured manner.
- Ability to apply methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain brand and performance marketing solutions.
- Proven ability to communicate, influence and present to groups and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team setting.
- Experience managing both brand and performance based campaigns, knowledgeable in brand and performance based advertising products, and ability to leverage data and analytics to improve performance for digital campaigns.
- 10+ years of experience
- Media sales experience
- Understanding of the Grocery, Drugstore and CPG industry
- Experience working on Shopper/ Coop programs and/ or Circular marketing from either the Retailer or CPG perspective
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment
- Ability to move fast, be bold, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Strong understanding of Facebook user behavior and how technology works.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top