Oculus Display and Optics Group is seeking an experienced leader to join us as a Cleanroom Manager in Redmond, WA. Your job will be to support a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of researchers and development engineers. You will be responsible for operational and executional aspects of a large Pilot facility ensuring the teams have the resources and support available to meet product milestone objectives, support product development and enable cross-functional activities. You will manage a team of operators, support functions and technologists to facilitate the fabrication of prototypes and pilot builds. The operations will support a host of different technologies in the area of advanced display and packaging technology.
- Delivery of milestone builds per product launch schedule meeting quantity and quality objectives through operator deployment, schedule execution and engineering coordination.
- Manage the operational aspects and execution systems for a large Pilot facility supporting optics fabrication & characterization, materials development, micro/nanofabrication and packaging.
- Define and enforce safety protocols, ensure compliance with EHS protocols.
- Establish workflow management system for work-in-progress optimization.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance with Equipment Engineering across equipment and auxiliary tools.
- Responsible for the tool time scheduling, managing productivity improvements, and production metrics.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory stock (substrates, chemicals, consumables, etc.).
- Support engineer and research staff in resolving issues within the operations.
- Work with the site facilities team to address issues affecting operations.
- Support training as needed for critical tooling and processes.
- Develop a flexible and capable workforce.
- 5+ years experience managing a nanofabrication facility or equivalent production facility with responsibilities in operations and facilities.
- 3+ years of experience working in a cleanroom work environment.
- 3+ years experience managing material procurement.
- 3+ years experience managing material work flow and scheduling.
- Knowledge in operational methodologies including TPM, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience managing vendor and contractor engagements.
- Communication experience.
- People management and leadership experience, including experience with work teams.
- Experience working in an environment with prioritized requirements.
- Experience working in a chemical lab performing synthesis, purification, and formulation.
- Experience with chemical handing & disposal protocols.
Back to top