Chief Building Engineer
(Forest City, NC)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Chief Building Engineer to join our Data Center Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The data center Chief Building Engineer will work with the management team to facilitate operating and maintaining the data center. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. This person must be highly motivated with the ability to supervise others. This role will be based in Forest City, NC.
- Manage CFE (Critical Facility Engineer) shift staff: Provide direction, review work, support delivery of training, and provide performance feedback.
- Support the creation, review and approval of Critical Environment procedures.
- Ensure adherence to Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Oversee Computerized Maintenance Management System usage and reporting.
- Back-up the Facility Manager as point of contact for clients and project teams.
- Maintain positive and professional working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Respond to customer requests for service.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets Facebook standards.
- Maintain operating budget for facility.
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years experience in team management
- 3+ years experience in critical facilities operations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- This role may occasionally shadow other roles and perform work requiring the following Job Conditions and Demands:
- Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain.
- Work at varying heights and from ladders.
- May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more.
- Use hands and fingers
- Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- 5+ years experience in a data center or other critical environment
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical or Mechanical (HVAC)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top