Chief Building Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Chief Facility Engineer to join our Data Center Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The data center Chief Building Engineer will work with the management team to facilitate operating and maintaining the data center. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. This person must be highly motivated with the ability to supervise others. This role will be based in Luleå, Sweden.
- Supervise CFE shift staff: Provide direction, review work, support delivery of training, and provide performance feedback
- Support the creation, review and approval of Critical Environment (CE) procedures
- Ensure adherence to Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures
- Oversee Computerized Maintenance Management System usage and reporting
- Back-up the Facility Manager as point of contact for clients and project teams
- Maintain positive and professional working relationships with internal and external clients
- Respond to customer requests for service
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets Facebook standards
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in critical facilities operations required.
- 5+ years experience in a data center or other Critical Environment preferred.
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical or Mechanical (HVAC) preferred.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top