Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Chef is responsible for the leadership of the kitchen by managing and overseeing the activities of the entire kitchen. Directly supervises all kitchen personnel with the responsibility for hiring, training, employee development. The Chef will also conduct performance evaluations and salary recommendations. As a Chef you are expected to maintain high standards by establishing food specifications and adhering to those specifications via recipes, portion control, presentation, and sanitation. Accountability for the financial aspects of the F&B department ensuring a profitable operation. The Chef promotes constant harmony and positive, constructive communication with the café in order to move forward in establishing a pleasant workplace.
- Develops menus, plans, cooks, and manages breakfast, lunch, and dinner for employees
- Develops and tests recipes, techniques for food preparation and presentation
- Oversees menu development, food quality through purchasing organic products, multi-cultural cuisine, kosher foods, etc.
- Establishes, manages, and maintains all vendor relationships
- Consult with Facebook's catering/Event Coordinator on a weekly basis as well as with other departments if necessary
- 4+ years' experience as a Chef
- Experience in food and catering trends with knowledge on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Culinary school graduate
- Management experience
- Experience supervising and/or assigning training for kitchen staff
- Experience planning a variety of menus on a daily basis
- Knowledge of food supplies, equipment and services, ordering and inventory control
Back to top