Channel Marketing Manager - Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is looking for a creative, business minded and highly talented marketer to take on this exciting new role in our Menlo Park office, reporting to the Global Channel Marketing lead. The Channel Marketing Manager will lead consumer engagement through the development of all marketing and merchandising programs at retail (in-store and online) for the Oculus business within North America.
- Develops channel specific marketing strategy and execution of marketing and merchandising initiatives for Oculus core business at retail
- Works closely with retailers to develop account specific marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: advertising, promotions, merchandising, weekly ads, and retail.com
- Influence the sales and marketing initiatives by bridging the internal business vision with the strategic goals established for each retail partner
- Influence retailers to carry out Oculus brand message in their own marketing vehicles
- Develops national launch programs for new hardware and content including strategies, messaging, branding and execution for retail.
- Devise and ensure the effective delivery of Oculus channel marketing strategies and values across North America within agreed budgets and KPI’s
- Localize, manage and track the marketing plans while controlling the channel marketing budget and ensure cost effective implementation
- Ensure effective localization of all marketing assets while capturing economies of scale and scope across creative services and media buying as required
- Viewed as cross-functional leader in relation to al account specific programming and will often lead project teams and brief them on assignment scope
- Dynamic presenter of key marketing materials in front of retailers, executives, business development teams.
- 5+ years in a retail marketing role, with a record of achievement and success in technology based consumer product marketing and/or product management
- Experience of go-to market planning and execution across online and traditional retail channels
- Experience in both business planning and tactical execution, with an understanding of the various tools available for social media engagement with consumers and trade.
- Experience in planning and managing marketing budgets and product P&Ls
- Communication, presentation skills and business acumen
- An understanding of gaming and gamers and a passionate advocate for innovation and the opportunities presented by disruptive technologies and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Understanding of product promotion and brand management and the creation of marketing and promotional materials
- Project management or account management experience required.
- Must have experience with a breadth of marketing tools including TV, print, online, digital and interactive demo experiences.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively lead project teams, interact with employees of all levels and overcome ambiguity.
- Post-graduate business/marketing qualification.
- Experience with multi-channel retailers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top