Channel Manager, Workplace, Japan
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook's mission is to give the world a place to work together. Launched in 2016, Workplace is an enterprise communications platform that is used by over 30,000 organizations of all sizes worldwide to transform how they connect, collaborate, and get work done. To help with the ongoing growth of the Workplace business, we are seeking a world-class partnerships leader who is passionate about Workplace by Facebook and the role that a connected workforce can play in improving the productivity of an organization.
Our Workplace team is looking for an experienced Channel Manager for it's Global Channel Team. Workplace is a team that continues to grow and with that comes exceptional opportunity to take on greenfield roles like this one. We need someone to identify, develop and manage a global channel network to market and grow adoption of our Workplace product. Your mission will be to build a sophisticated footprint of distributors, resellers and emerging channels for Workplace in Japan. You will report to the Global Workplace Online and Channel Director. This is a full-time position based in our Tokyo office.
First and foremost, you are passionate the role that communication and collaboration can play in improving the productivity and effectiveness of people in the workplace. Coupled with that, you will need significant experience in the channel space, experience owning specific KPIs and driving top-line growth through reseller channels globally. We believe that success in the role also requires the following attributes:
- Negotiate, enable and on-board key distributors, resellers and new channels to bring the best Workplace experience to our customers.
- Engage with the wider Workplace team including marketing, support, sales, operations, and program teams to enable distributors and resellers globally.
- Collaborate with the territory managers for insight and guidance to ensure alignment with regional priorities.
- Plan, test and scale new channel friendly sales programs or improvements to existing programs to grow adoption of Workplace while leveraging these routes to market.
- Develop and deploy channel specific KPIs, deliver reporting, performance assessment and communicate results to key stakeholders (executive and operational) in order to rapidly scale success across the channel.
- Problem solving â€" having faced many predicaments in the past, you are a natural at getting to the heart of a problem and navigating the path to a suitable outcome for all.
- Program management â€" you are at ease with managing various competing projects, keeping everyone up to date and following through on delivery.
- Strategic thinking â€" you enjoy seeking out the relevant information to craft strategic, long-term plans along with corresponding targets.
- Negotiation â€" a skill you have developed over the years in the channels space, understanding and even anticipating the push and pull factors is now second nature.
- Collaboration â€" you are deliberate in creating multi region, cross functional relationships to lead projects successfully.
- Analytical â€" you leverage data to develop business plans, understand customers and market insight and analyze program effectiveness.
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a senior role
- Significant depth of experience with distributor and reseller programs
- Experience in SaaS
- Proficiency in business level of Japanese and English
- Leadership experience
Back to top