Channel Category Marketing Manager - Oculus
The AR/VR Channel Category Marketing Manager is responsible for all marketing related activity within the assigned product category. They will craft go-to-market strategies, positioning, and channel activation plans for specific category business units of Facebook's AR/VR division.
- Develop the channel marketing strategy for launching and sustaining AR/VR products and services.
- Partners with product marketing managers cross-functional expertise groups related to the category, connecting and coordinating launches across key channel partners.
- Drives and delivers go-to-market timelines for relevant category campaigns.
- Provide forecasting and revenue reporting for the category business.
- Develop global channel promotional programs that drive sales.
- Measure and optimize program results and provide weekly insights from business metrics.
- Weekly tracking of the success of the category business by evaluating key indicators such as revenue, GM, seasonality, trends, and share goals.
- Maintain a strong knowledge and awareness of the category industry and competitive trends.
- Understand channel environment, consumer, and overall marketplace dynamics impacting the AR/VR category.
- Drive agreement on key channel objectives and strategies for the category and products with product marketing manager, channel account teams, and regions.
- Develop a close working relationship with the channel sales managers, channel marketing managers, product managers, and industry partners where appropriate.
- Be the corporate expert for key initiatives and respective products in the channel and evangelize key takeaways with the product groups, account managers and externally with accounts.
- Communicate key issues and opportunities to product groups to influence overall platform strategy, pricing, packaging and product decisions in the category.
- Understand levers for driving change at retail, share and revenue in the category (e.g. on price, shelf presence, display, feature, promotions, convenience etc.), online motions and consumer purchase habits by account and product.
- Experience with Consumer Marketing strategy and tactical promotional planning.
- Business Management experience.
- Experience launching products in an omnichannel environment.
- Experience in retail Go-To-Market planning and execution, influencing leadership and collaborating to drive impact and results.
- Experience driving projects across multiple groups and interacting with senior leaders and virtual teams internally and externally.
- Knowledge of VR/AR product ecosystems.
- Experience influencing others across multiple groups and collaborating to achieve objectives.
- Experience with P&L management of $200 million+ annual business(es), with at least 3 years of direct P&L accountability/management experience.
- Sales and marketing experience including working through multiple internal and external partners to achieve results.
- 7+ years product or category marketing experience within a global, multi-brand company.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or higher in engineering, business, marketing, or equivalent experience.
Back to top