Capacity Planning Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
We are looking for a person to manage our Capacity Planning and Workforce Management (WFM) capability by working across multiple operations teams to provide strategic and tactical guidance to ensure service level and staffing goals are met.
This role is based in Dublin office.
- Build a Capacity Planning and Workforce Management capability to support both large scale data initiatives and smaller specialized initiatives with a global footprint
- Create, maintain, and manage Capacity Planning and Workforce Management systems and processes that can adapt to dynamic product changes
- Accurately forecast work volume, staffing levels, and resourcing needs to enable operations teams to achieve strategic goals and optimize operations outcomes
- Analyze historical trends and provide business recommendations and inputs to enhance and improve the Capacity Planning and Workforce Management cycle
- Work closely with tooling & analytics teams, operations leadership, and multiple cross functional teams to understand goals for partner management team
- Establish and own end-to-end detailed tracking and control processes for headcount, capacity, billing reconciliation and budget management across complex global operations
- Mitigate capacity risks and provide capacity levers by managing dependencies across multiple operating units and sites
- Prepare and deliver periodic executive-level updates on status, insights, and trends to help inform and guide critical business decisions
- Support the sizing and scoping of new projects and initiatives and provide analytical support to internal teams for initiatives and special projects
- 10+ years of FP&A, Capacity Planning, Strategy, Finance, or Workforce Management experience
- Experience in capacity planning, long-term forecasting, and workload distribution
- Experience in Microsoft Office products
- Experience developing frameworks and solutions to questions and concepts
- Project, program management, and process development experience
- Experience with at least one Workforce Management system
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative field
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- People management or coaching experience and influencing skills
- Experience building a new Capacity Planning or Workforce Management team
- Experience with Aspect Workforce Management software
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top