(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Capacity Planner with project management background to join the capacity engineering and analysis (CEA) team to help us plan and manage the capacity for one of the most fast-growing infrastructure in the world. Tens of billions of user requests, hundreds of peta bytes of data, thousands of giga bps of network flow, welcome to the amazingly largest Internet service in the world! This is a full time opportunity located in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Work with Performance and Capacity Engineering, Network Engineering, Data Center Design and Planning teams to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure.
- Own server capacity planning process for various services/products and define tactical plans on the datacenter layout, cluster planning, power management to support the capacity need for various services/products.
- Track the capacity ordering, delivery and allocation for various services/products.
- Review the network, power, rack position consumption in the data centers and pre-actively identify issues and solve them. Also plan the resources needed for future capacity growth.
- Help capacity engineering team to collect the user growth and traffic growth info and provide inputs on capacity modeling efforts. Also track the efficiency work done for various services to adjust capacity plans with clear communication.
- Manage the server utilization and proactively reclaim servers that are inefficiently used. Also identify servers that are overloaded and contact service owners for performance or capacity work.
- Also plan the capacity for disaster recovery scenarios. Make sure there is enough capacity to support global traffic when a disaster has occurred.
- Help to define and manage the coolest tool development to monitor billions of user requests and analyze the performance for various services/products.
- Experience in server fleet management, data center networking, data center power.
- Minimum 2 years data center operational experience.
- Minimum 3 years capacity management work for web infrastructure.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working across multiple teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top