Camera Systems Architect
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come work alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. The Cameras & Sensors group is looking for a Camera Systems Architect to drive current and future product architectures that meet Facebook's product vision, including feature requirements, ISP & silicon capabilities, power budgets, optical & mechanical design requirements and imaging solution cost. The ideal candidate will lead multiple system analyses and tradeoff evaluations while pushing boundaries in the imaging technology space.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to understand system level imaging requirements, derive specifications, and develop camera system architectures consisting of imaging sensors, camera modules, control algorithms, and application software.
- Develop methods to simulate, quantify, and analyze proposals and designs for imaging systems.
- Deliver executive level presentations based on detailed analysis of quantifiable data.
- Drive architecture specifications down to component level selection or development.
- Partner with optical, sensors, camera system, opto-ME, EE, imaging FW, tuning, and computational photography teams to lead the translation of new camera architectures into high-performance, reliable camera designs that delight our customers.
- Help define and lead camera technology roadmaps.
- BS in Optics, Physics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in several of the following domains: mechanical and opto-mechanical design, optics and optical design, sensor technologies, image signal processing, CV algorithms and imaging algorithms.
- Expertise in imaging and full system simulations and evaluation of the simulation result.
- Experience in documentation of camera system requirements and system flow down specifications from architecture to components.
- PhD in Optics, Physics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience in high volume consumer product development, manufacturing test and reliability.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art ISP and image quality metrics.
- Good understanding of the latest camera sensors, optics technologies.
Back to top