Camera System Engineer (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. As the Oculus Hardware team, we are builders who break down barriers to what is possible. Together we design hardware that transforms technology into products.
As the Product Development team, we are builders who break down barriers to what is possible. Together we design hardware that transforms technology into product.
As a Camera System Engineer at Oculus you will lead camera system design, development, manufacturing, and system integration. Cameras are an integral part of VR systems, a determining factor in fidelity and immersion. You will collaborate across multiple projects with optics engineers, product designers, computer vision scientists, and user experience designers to enable novel VR experiences. You will also work with vendors to develop novel imaging technologies while delivering high performance products.
- Drive innovation in imaging solutions for Oculus VR products.
- Ownership of camera system design, prototyping, development, manufacturing and system integration for VR products.
- Ownership of contract manufacturer component and camera system manufacturing support.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams, contract manufacturer camera integrators and component suppliers on DFM and camera module assembly NPI line bring-up.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams on characterization, validation and qualification of components (image sensor, lens, electrical components etc.) and camera systems.
- Work with image sensor and camera module vendors to define roadmaps, priorities, and custom solutions for Oculus products.
- Provide camera system metrology and validation plan and instructions to internal and/or external design, prototyping and manufacturing groups.
- Debug optical/electrical/mechanical issues during camera module development.
- Travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% time.
- BS degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in camera module design, optical simulation, metrology, testing and lab work to verify imaging component, assembly and system level performance.
- Experience with high-volume consumer electronics manufacturing, partnering with Asia-based suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Experience communicating and working with cross-functional groups.
- MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical field
- Experience or working knowledge of:
- -Imaging lens design and characterization
- -Image sensor design, characterization and tuning
- -Color science and image quality evaluation
- -ISP tuning
- -Camera module manufacturing processes and production testing
- -Depth sensing system design and manufacturing
- -Electrical circuit design and test
- -Mechanical tolerance analysis
- -Image processing in Python or MATLAB
Back to top