Camera Software Engineer, Building8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Camera Software Engineer. The successful candidate will have good understanding of Video and Image Capture pipeline – Hardware and Software. The candidate will have strong communication and inter personal skills. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Design, develop and test Image and Video capture pipeline.
- Work closely with System Engineering Team, Hardware team, manufacturing partners and QA teams.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the software team.
- Participate in reviews of block diagrams and schematics with hardware team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of Video and Image Capture pipeline for consumer electronics product.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded/mobile platforms.
- Understanding of Linux kernel and Android Frameworks.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top