Camera Effects Platform Product Marketing Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a leader who is knowledgeable and passionate about the creative possibilities of camera effects and augmented reality. The ideal candidate will have experience in consumer or developer marketing at a fast-paced company. We are looking for an individual who can communicate how and why our Camera Effects Platform can provide meaningful value to artists, developers and businesses. This person understands different global market dynamics, competitive landscape, mobile app trends, 3D Masks, the augmented reality space and how to have a positive impact for growth. He or she must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams and exhibit excellent skills in brand building, product positioning, and creative marketing. The ideal candidate will be analytical and display strong communication and organizational skills. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Launch an industry-leading crowdsourced platform that serves to bring high-quality art into the Facebook suite of video-first products
- Build awareness and user sentiment and lead privacy-sensitive marketing communication
- Build out naming and branding, audience definition, and launch assets to advanced, highly-technical developers
- Develop a product narrative around the Camera Effects platform to include what it is, why it was built, use cases, and audiences
- Partner with other teams to create a post-launch Camera Effects Platform GTM plan with an outbound approach and ideation on promotional channels
- Have a strong inbound product partnership, working to ensure the product is built with the needs of the audience and product teams in mind while maintaining a cohesive experience for users
- Launch and manage an outbound marketing program to the consumer and developer community to get them engaged with the platform
- Understand developer needs and ensure we have the right documentation and assets around the platform to help them successfully build amazing creative effects with it
- Drive alignment on monetization across GMS, the Business Platform team, and leadership by creating messaging on the approach, ensuring the monetization model and policies are clearly communicated within the product, expanding the help center, etc.
- Work with the product team to enforce our content policies for submitted art in a transparent and scalable way, messaging policies externally as needed
- BA/BS degree required
- 8+ years professional experience in a corporate, startup or developer environment
- Experience with visual media, partnerships, marketing, development, and startups
- Experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering organizations
- Experience launching or scaling business initiatives with international teams/agencies or launching products in emerging markets
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment with little supervision
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies and the industry landscape
- Experience communicating to multiple audiences across creatives, artists, developers, businesses, and consumers with focus on visual artists and technical audiences
- Analytical ability
- Ability to travel – at least 25%
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top