Business Transformation/Program Manager, Building 8
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Business Transformation/Program Manager. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. We believe the role of Business Transformation/Program Manager is someone that will be the overall gatekeeper of the process gates that bring products into the factory.This is a full- time position based in our Hong Kong office.
- Key Manufacturing Operations interface and team representative with Design, NPI, Supply Chain, Planning during PDP development.
- Owner of the OK2Ramp/OK2Ship portion of the PDP.
- Manage all NPI builds with the manufacturing facilities and prototype to volume production.
- Ensures all build data (BoMs, Assembly Instructions, etc.) are supplied in advance.
- Coordinate manufacturing build reviews and publish feedback to the Engineering and the project teams.
- Provide timely (daily, weekly) status updates/progress for NPI builds, transitions to volume for all projects.
- Identify and report program scope, schedule and cost risks and recommend mitigation throughout program life.
- Experience successfully ramping consumer electronics at scale
- 5+years experience leading Operations in a consumer electronics environment
- BS Degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability to provide leadership to one or more programs to accomplish program objectives
- Experience in manufacturing first-of products
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top