Business Program Manager, Production Engineering
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Business Program Manager will lead organizational productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, operational program management, and communications. Working directly with the Production Engineering leads, you will partner closely with your domain and cross-functional teams and set the right strategy and processes to create, develop and execute significant, high visibility projects. As a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and as a trusted stakeholder, you will evolve business cadences, troubleshoot, and remove obstacles to meet the needs of an organization experiencing hyper-growth.The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. They will have demonstrated the ability to coordinate with cross-functional leads on time/mission-critical operational issues spanning Infrastructure, Legal, Communications, Finance, HR, and other interdependent teams. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives and programs from development through successful execution with little supervision.
- Orchestrate and manage the rhythm of the organization, continuously optimizing to support an effective and efficient business model.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in Infrastructure, working strategically and collaboratively to define and drive org-wide business processes, including internal communications and resource allocation.
- Use cross-functional knowledge and seek to understand issues, trends and perspectives that may influence the business.
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution.
- Support and act as an extension of the business in planning, strategy and cross-functional meetings.
- Exercise absolute discretion at all times.
- Bachelors degree.
- 4+ years of experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, program management or business operations.
- Experience working with people of all levels, including executive and C-suite. Experience working with highly technical management teams.
- Experience managing shifting priorities while maintaining organization and control.
- Track record of building cross-functional relationships.
- Experience navigating business structures while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Communication skills, including the experience capturing concepts and communicating them back to stakeholders.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience motivating and focusing a large group of people/organizations to reach challenging goals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and exposure to large-scale systems.
- Understanding both business and technology in large, complex organizations.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Experience in the technical industry preferred.
Back to top