Business Program Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Facebook Business Program Management (BPM) team provides program management support to some of Facebookâ€™s most complex cross-functional projects. The Business Program Manager will support project sponsors by leading all program management efforts associated with successful delivery of the project, partnering closely with functional teams across the company in the US and abroad.
As a Business Program Manager, you will drive the successful execution of significant and high visibility projects on behalf of business project sponsors. You will ensure assembly of the right cross-functional team, build alignment and support among key stakeholders, tailor the most appropriate project management framework, and lead the overall execution across all aspects of the project. You will join a small, high-performing, fast-paced team.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. They will have demonstrated the ability to coordinate with cross-functional leads on time/mission critical operational issues spanning policy, legal, communications, product, technology, Finance, HR, and other interdependent teams. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
This position is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Lead all program management aspects and the successful execution of complex, cross-functional projects
- Support and act as an extension of executive level business project sponsors
- Build alignment among key project stakeholders and escalate key decisions as required
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues, often unique to each project
- Assemble and mobilize often large teams to execute on project objectives
- Continually refine best practices for cross-functional program management consistent with Facebook culture
- Domestic and international travel
- 8+ years experience in a management consulting, or similar strategic program management role for a tech or consumer company
- Experience in social media, software, Internet or digital media industries
- Experience working in and influencing global cross-functional teams
- Experience influencing at the leadership level
- Communicator with analytical experience and business sense
- BA/BS degree
- Experience leading global projects
Back to top