Business Product Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Business Product Specialist to join the Business Product Specialist team within Product & Service Operations (PSO). The PSO team helps businesses through scaled service delivery & operations. We combine deep expertise in our products with operational and analytical skills to design and manage scalable processes that support millions of advertisers across dozens of complex products. Our unique view on both product and service allows us to partner with teams across Facebook to drive our business forward by representing the voice of the customer and combining quantitative with qualitative signals to drive product improvements and scale operations. PSO is made up of multiple teams that focus on alpha/beta product testing, operational and technical support for business products, data management, and scaling the process of measuring outcomes from Facebook media buys.The Business Product Specialist team focuses on scaled issue resolution for Facebook's Ads and Business products and advocates for the voice of the advertiser and our Sales team to improve quality of our products. We partner closely with our Sales teams to give advertisers the best experience possible. And we rely on data and insights to work effectively with our Engineering and Product teams to build processes, techniques and tools and recommended improvements to our platform to reduce customer issues.
- Leverage product expertise to investigate, triage and resolve issues with Facebook's ads & business products
- Define processes to support front-line teams in complex investigations to improve user and advertiser experience on the platform
- Monitor and analyze advertiser reports for feedback and bug-related trends
- Separate advertiser confusion from bugs, advise the sales team/advertisers on how to accomplish the advertisers' desired outcome. Communicate known issues to the sales team and their customers.
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Engineering and additional teams to improve product quality and resources that help scale support & operations workflows
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers and understand advertiser sentiment better
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and tactics using sound analysis and impact metrics to support your positions
- Fluency in English
- BA/BS degree with 2+ years professional experience (quantitative disciplines such as math, statistics, computer science, information systems)
- Analytical skills, with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Experience resolving and communicating about issues with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with data analysis leveraging SQL skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top