Business Planning & Operations Associate, XFN
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly quantitative, driven, process & detail-oriented Operations Associate who will serve as a member of Facebookâ€™s Business Planning & Operations team. The Business Planning & Operations group is focused on formalising and enhancing the way in which Facebook's Global Marketing Solutions organisation plans, strategizes and collaborates. The role is tasked with identifying ways to improve the scalability and impact of the Cross Functional (XFN) Operations team on the wider business through common approaches and use of existing standards. Initial responsibilities will be to take ownership of existing XFN operational programs in support of the XFN Business Planning team and making improvements through automation, centralisation and agreed standards.
The role will join GMS Mission Control, a group dedicated to creating standards and promoting best practices to help the wider GMS Organisation continue to grow and scale. More specifically, the team cover analytics, planning and operational processes and help guide tooling, governance and metrics to facilitate a vision of connected planning and execution to help GMS provide the best client experience. Cross Functional teams (XFNs) are an important part to how Facebook Sales deliver value to our clients. These teams perform functions such as drive B2B marketing efforts, lead product marketing, provide creative services, and enable ROI measurement for marketing spend. They often are client facing themselves and are right hand partners to sales in supporting our clients and agencies.
- Operational Support for Core Operations: Prioritisation & Planning activities, Resource Modelling & Investment Cycles during the Annual Plan, Rhythm of Business facilitation and Goaling activities. The role will be expected integrate GMS projects and resources in these areas to fit with the needs of the XFN teams.
- First Response to program assistance in XFN BP&O: Remediate issues and challenges faced by our business-partnering BP&O teams, leveraging existing tools and processes or constructing new.
- Support of Strategic Projects developed within the XFN teams: To build out their knowledge of the business, this role should support the XFN BP&O team in wide strategic initiatives and either program manage, or provide the domain expertise of the GMS Mission Control Team (Analytics, Planning, Rhythm of Business)
- Minimum 3 yearsâ€™ experience in a business operational role, analytics or planning experience required
- At a minimum, BA/BS degree in a numerate or business related subject (Business Management, Finance, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, etc) or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable problem solving ability with experience providing practical business insights from large, complex data sets
- Proven experience with managing information strategy and data structure
- Advanced Excel skills & SQL knowledge and basic understanding of computer programming a must - Anaplan modelling experience preferable
- General knowledge of basic statistics and data analysis
Back to top