Business Operations Manager - Finance & Business Planning
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Finance and Business Planning is a highly mission driven organization - our mission is to enable Facebook to plan, prioritize, and execute as effectively as possible. We take a uniquely long-term view towards business problems. It is critical that we operate with an independent and objective perspective, and are comfortable representing our point of view to our partners and executive stakeholders. We serve as financial advisers to our business partners and own shared business goals and results where appropriate. We strive to balance our responsibility to support business partners with our responsibility to serve the long-term mission and sustainability of Facebook Inc. and act as stewards of company resources.
This role requires strategic thinking, building connections and influencing stakeholders through effective communication, an analytical mindset, and a bias towards action. You will be challenged to understand and contribute to rapidly changing business models, drive collaboration across teams, develop recommendations on strategic investment decisions, craft annual and long range plans, and partner with product and business leaders to solve problems and achieve goals. Our promise: you will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility, interaction with product and business leaders, and an opportunity to have a big impact.
- Build annual and long range business & monetization outlooks for existing businesses and new bets
- Present analyses to executive stakeholders across Product, Business, and Finance
- Own end-to-end partnerships with a range of Product and/or Business leaders
- Identify and drive critical initiatives to support monetization and business growth
- Provide objective recommendations on business strategy, monetization, and operations
- Ensure revenue trends are well understood via regular reporting and analysis and develop accurate forecasts to drive accountability and to inform investor guidance
- 7+ years of experience in business strategy or finance
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or related discipline
- Highly skilled at synthesizing business insights and problem solving
- Adept at building relationships with people across all levels and many functions
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Executives
- Experience with SQL
Back to top