Business Operations Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This is your chance to work on the team that helps Facebook Operations to build and maintain better support systems through enhanced tooling & infrastructure. As a member of Business Ops Infra, you will be the technical arm of our operational teams that support a number of Facebook products and business needs. You will be responsible for ensuring our Media Operations, Risk & Payments and Intellectual Property & Privacy teams have optimized tooling solutions ahead of product launches as well as handling any bug fixes or feature requests that come from internal stakeholders.You will assist our product engineering teams by providing creative solutions to challenging technical operational issues, while also ensuring all issues raised are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To assess & build a common set of tools that are needed across a number of operational teams.
- Become an expert in our products, our internal operational tools and the needs of internal stakeholders by providing effective technical consultation.
- Solve challenging technical, operational and escalation issues through our tooling, delivering the highest level of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Help scale tooling solutions that are flexible and easily customizable when new products are shipped.
- Engage with the operations and product engineering teams to build, drive and improve our tools and processes.
- Provide product insights / data reporting from data captured work with cross-functional partners to take appropriate action.
- Deliver data-driven, impactful results.
- Build understanding about the wide variety of operational tools across the company at a deep engineering level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience).
- At least 1 year of experience in software development.
- Demonstrated problem-solving approach and analytical skills.
- Experience working in an operational or support role.
- Communication skills in English.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top