Business Operations Associate – Messenger
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Finance and Business Planning is a highly mission driven organization - our mission is to enable Facebook to plan, prioritize, and execute as effectively as possible. We take a uniquely long-term view towards business problems. It is critical that we operate with an independent and objective perspective, and are comfortable representing our point of view to our partners and executive stakeholders. We serve as financial advisers to our business partners and own shared business goals and results where appropriate. We strive to balance our responsibility to support business partners with our responsibility to serve the long-term mission and sustainability of Facebook Inc. and act as stewards of company resources. Messenger is one of the top communications platforms in the world - more than 1.3 billion people use Messenger monthly, to stay in touch with their family and friends. Messenger is free and offers instant messaging and audio/video calling, available on phones all over the world. We are laser-focused on building a messaging service that works fast and reliably anywhere in the world. Messenger is seeking a highly analytical, strategic, and driven Business Operations Associate. This is a highly cross-functional role within Finance and Business Planning - directly working with Messenger Product, Engineering, Data Science, Business, and Partnerships leaders. The role will be focused on Messenger's monetization plan while driving strategic decision support, including on Messenger-specific deals and partnerships. The role will physically sit with the Messenger group, and will involve regular interactions with business and finance leaders.This role requires an analytical mindset, strategic thinking, and the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders through effective communication. You will be challenged to understand and contribute to rapidly changing business models, drive collaboration across teams, develop recommendations on strategic investment decisions, craft annual and long range plans, and partner with product and business leaders to solve problems and achieve goals. Our promise: you will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility, interaction with product and business leaders at Messenger and Facebook, and an opportunity to have a big impact within a priority area for Facebook: private messaging.
- Work cross-functionally with a broad set of Product and Business partners to help build annual and long range business & monetization outlooks.
- Drive recommendations to support strategic decisions across Messenger's business priorities.
- Lead financial analysis for Messenger-specific deals and partnerships to provide stakeholders with objective Finance perspective.
- Establish a deep understanding of Messenger revenue and user trends via regular reporting and analysis while acting as a thought partner across the Messenger organization.
- 4+ years of experience in business strategy or finance.
- BS degree in quantitative field (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or related discipline).
- Experience building financial models in Excel with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience using SQL to synthesize large datasets and inform business decisions.
- Experience presenting analysis and outcomes to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- High level of ownership and experience to drive outcomes with minimal guidance.
- Work experience in a deal-driven (M&A, PE, Corp/Biz Dev).
Back to top