Business Operations Associate, Academic Relations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented and high-energy Business Operations Associate. The role is responsible for assisting with the organization, orchestration and logistics for a broad range of events, programs and activities that underpin the foundation of the Research Operations and Academic Relations (ROAR) team. Someone with the following qualities would thrive in this role: self-directed problem solver with a burning desire to contribute, a friendly personality with a customer-service mindset, and loves to bring new ideas to the table.
The goal of this position is to help Facebook establish itself as the leading collaborative research organization and the destination of choice for academic talent looking to help connect the world.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Organizing logistics related to events, programs and technical talks, hosting academic visitors
- Arranging travel and accommodation for guests including budget management and communications
- Contributing to the marketing, communication, and branding efforts, including website content updates
- Processing, tracking and maintaining payment information, reports including creation of supporting documentation
- Prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions, and coordinate resources across multiple projects and teams
- Performing administrative duties as required to support ROAR team activities
- 3+ years of experience planning and executing events including space reservation, travel, catering and publicity
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and "roll-up-one's-sleeves" type of collaboration within a diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality around sensitive information
- Experience with client or customer service
- Exhibits organization and people skills and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to follow-through on execution and procure necessary resources to ensure project completion
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, with experience in Excel and Outlook or PC based calendar/meeting applications
- Ability to undertake some domestic/international travel
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Facebook products
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top