Business Operations Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Data Center Business Operations team is responsible for enabling the business to execute on the capacity plan by providing financial controllership and cross-functional alignment on the overall build plan. In this role, you will be expected to help drive process automation and standardization, support the financial planning and reporting of Facebook's global data center cost program, as well as lead the preparation and presentation of materials to key stakeholders. You will be expected to think critically about Facebook's Data Center infrastructure and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies. Excellent communication, program management, and analytical skills are a must.
- Evolve the data center cost program through driving process improvements and automation efficiencies around planning, reporting, and ongoing communications to key stakeholders
- Proactively come up with new lenses to examine the business, drive forecast accuracy, and rally cross-functional teams to act on insights
- Support the Data Center Business Operations team and cross-functional partners with development of spend planning, reporting, and analytics for the broader cost portfolio
- Drive rigor and visibility around key business drivers, metrics and progress of data center initiatives through development of dashboards and visualizations
- Develop channels and assist in communication of key financial updates and business drivers to leadership
- B.S. in business-related or quantitative field (Finance, Economics, or similar discipline)
- 3+ years professional experience with managing costs in technology infrastructure
- Excel knowledge with experience in Tableau and SQL
- Hands-on experience analyzing cost data and reporting results to management
- Highly motivated, and able to think and communicate clearly under pressure
- Ability to operate independently and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Ability to turn complex and ambiguous problem statements into structured solutions and partner cross-functionally to act on them
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top