Business Marketing Manager, Travel, EMEA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's marketing solutions business has a huge growth opportunity in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) Region. We are looking for a Business Marketing Manager for the Travel industry to help as many customers, agencies and people in Travel understand and make the most of everything Facebook has to offer to help them grow. The purpose of the role is to promote Facebook within the Travel industry across EMEA and to champion the EMEA Travel industry within Facebook.
As part of the wider Global Business Marketing team, the role is a key member of the Vertical Marketing team comprising leaders for each of the different industry verticals that use Facebook. The team works with the relevant in-country Business Marketing Managers and with sales, product, marketing science and creative leaders across EMEA.
This is a full-time role based in our Dublin office. Other Facebook office locations in EMEA would be possible for an outstanding candidate.
- Bring relevant industry expertise into how Facebook goes to market, and to share industry best practice and knowledge across the very large and diverse region
- Provide sales teams with the materials, support and knowledge they need in order to become the best business partner for their customers via narrative development, case studies, insights and thought leadership
- Reach and persuade everyone in each industry vertical of the benefits can bring to their business via scaled digital marketing, events and trade marketing.
- Work closely with global teams to identify how to grow Facebook's revenue from the Travel vertical: markets, sources of growth, proposition and products
- Be a subject-matter expert on the Travel industry in EMEA, work with the other functional Travel leaders to share best practices and build the knowledge and network of Travel within Facebook Define, lead and deliver strategic Travel marketing initiatives for the EMEA region
- Originate thought leadership, proactively developing points of view showing how Facebook can solve key Travel customer challenges and help transform business for the digital age. These will include narratives, campaigns, case studies and toolkits that sales teams can proactively take to their clients.
- Design and deliver global business marketing campaigns for the Travel industry. Identifying all the relevant audiences in the Travel industry ecosystem, prioritizing the right channels to reach them and developing the right advertising content to persuade them. Channels are likely to include digital media, events, trade publications, industry bodies/networks among others.
- 10+ years experience likely, either as a marketer in the Travel industry, or as a B2B marketer focused on the Travel industry
- Client-centric mindset, understands and empathises with the biggest commercial issues facing Travel businesses.
- Understanding of all aspects of the marketing mix, including research, insight, message and advertising development, channels, PR and measurement.
- Creative thinking and thought leadership. Agility of thinking and ability to turn that into concrete action. Global outlook and mindset.
- Self-starting and action-oriented, gets things done by themselves as well as with others. As comfortable with hands-on execution in detail as in developing big-picture strategies
- Servant leadership: the ability to respond to people's demands by leading them rather than by following them, good at prioritizing.
- Good project management, able to navigate and influence a complex organization to get the resources they need.
- Story-teller: able to translate diverse Facebook products and activities into bigger picture narratives that demonstrate how Facebook can deliver meaningful benefits for clients.
- Ability to dealing with ambiguity, managing multiple internal stakeholders. Ability to influence and collaborate across the organization
- Bachelor's degree and/or masters or equivalent experience
- Travel required.
Back to top