Business Marketing Manager, North America, Workplace
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook is an enterprise communications platform that enables employees at any organisation to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook. Launched in 2016, Workplace is growing quickly, with thousands of companies around the world now using Workplace to connect their employees and work seamlessly across teams and geographies. With the ongoing growth of Workplace globally, we are seeking to strengthen our regional marketing presence, and so are looking for a world-class business marketer and leader who will help drive the growth of Workplace by Facebook in the US and Canada. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in enterprise/B2B marketing in North America, with a focus on enterprise software and/or collaboration solutions, and be passionate about Facebook and the role that communication and collaboration can play in improving the productivity and effectiveness of people in the workplace.The NA Marketing Manager will partner with cross-functional teams (including sales, partnerships, ops, finance and product marketing), with the primary objective of enabling Workplace to grow and scale across North America. The role will entail leading the US-based marketing function, working with the central Workplace marketing team to develop and implement globally scalable programs, and identifying and leading strategic projects to drive customer growth at scale through awareness, reach and optimised communications strategies.They will be a strategic thinker who can drive for results, able to move fast while keeping focused on a marketing strategy that will continue to evolve as the business grows. This is a full-time position, located in our US headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Partner with the Global Head of Marketing and the central Workplace marketing team (based in London, UK) to develop and activate the Workplace marketing strategy and plan in the US market, with a focus on building brand awareness & driving demand from large and mid-market enterprises
- Drive brand, digital, acquisition, content and events-based integrated marketing programmes in close collaboration with the global digital and events marketing leads for Workplace
- Own the North America marketing plan and budget
- Lead the relationship with the US-based Workplace sales, customer success, ecosystem partnerships and operations teams, with whom you will partner closely to develop and execute the plan
- Provide NA market analytics, audience insights, knowledge and strength to help drive initiatives critical to ongoing acquisition, growth and retention of our most valuable prospects, customers and partners
- Collaborate with other Facebook global business marketing teams, in the US and globally, to develop opportunities to integrate Workplace across the Facebook family of apps and services
- Manage key agency and vendor relationships to deliver on the marketing plans
- Start as an individual contributor, with the capacity to build and develop a team in line with the growth of the business
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of experience in US or global enterprise software, and/or web technology companies
- Proven experience in building a B2B enterprise marketing strategy driven by content, digital, strategic events and data driven analytics
- Ability to handle the pace that comes with working in a matrixed, always-on, start-up environment across multiple time zones and teams
- Cross-functional, matrix / stakeholder and leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Communication skills, & the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Creative perspective to bring ideas to product positioning and marketing campaigns
- Able to operate at the principal level of business and jump to the delivery level across multi-dimensional/cross-functional teams.
- MBA or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top