Business Lead - People Team
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Business Lead to assist with research, communications, and project management for our VP, People. This person will manage preparation for speeches, panels, and meetings, assist with internal communications, and contribute to strategic initiatives across the company. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park.
- Conduct primary research and work with FB colleagues to prepare background for meetings with key partners (e.g., identify goals and talking points, provide background on attendees, analyze the current business relationship, and summarize opportunities for FB to work with partner)
- Conduct external research on a variety of topics and organizations
- Synthesize this research into executive summaries with key business and communication insights
- Stay up-to-date with trends in business, technology, and HR including knowledge of current/potential Facebook clients & partners
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional groups
- Compile and edit briefing materials
- Build presentations
- Help facilitate meetings as necessary - meet & greet, notes, follow-up on action items, etc.
- Exercise absolute discretion at all times
- 10-20% travel with VP, People
- 5 + years' work experience in research and analysis
- Communication skills
- Ability to build presentations in PowerPoint and/or Keynote and compile briefing materials
- Able to juggle tasks and work extra hours as needed
- Ability to shift priorities and act proactively, while maintaining organization and control
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and using discretion
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- Project management and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels both inside and outside of Facebook
- Proven track record handling highly confidential information
- Travel 10-20% of the time
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top