Business Intelligence Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come join the team responsible for working on any and all things related to Payments Compliance on Facebook. As a member of the Facebook Payments Compliance Team, you will work on global BSA processes, such as OFAC-Sanctions, AML, and/or CDD/EDD programs. You will work collaboratively with a dynamic group of XFN stakeholders including but not limited to Legal, Product, Engineering, Finance and Marketing. You will help create innovative scalable compliance systems and processes to harness the "transactional" power of Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and other Facebook companies. You will help Facebook Payments ensure that its compliance policies, internal controls and systems help Facebook in its mission to "make the world more open and connected." Facebook Payments Inc. ("Facebook Payments") is committed to complying with Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing ("AML"/"CTF") obligations imposed by federal, state, foreign, and other applicable laws. These governing laws and regulations may include without limitation the following: the Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA"); the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 ("Patriot Act"); the rules and regulations overseen by the United States Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"); and other requirements applicable to registered money services businesses ("MSBs"). Regardless if you are aligned with more technical projects or people-oriented tasks, our team consists of creative thinkers that are excellent problem solvers. We work everyday on problems that no company has ever seen. To be successful on our team, you must be able to fully express complex solutions that you are not afraid to defend across a wide range of stakeholders including internal partners, regulators, and law enforcement. You are an expert in modeling techniques and methodologies and have experience training a vast array of models. You are someone who loves "big data." If given a vast database, not only would you find useful information in it, but you could organize it into beautiful charts that tell a compelling story. You might have taken up Economics, Math, Computer Science, Finance, Physics...really any field that had you designing experiments and running regressions. You are excited by the opportunity to make processes more efficient, accurate, and reliable.
- Work on projects that span the spectrum from finding patterns amongst fraud and money laundering schemes, analyzing data, and building models that will surface potentially illegal activity on our platform and reduce false positives.
- Be responsible for training a team of analysts on general modeling techniques and help define the strategy for the next generation of compliance models.
- Serve as a crucial member in stopping the bad guys, meeting our regulatory requirements and keeping our communities safe.
- You will be an enabler for the rest of the team and must have a proactive approach to spotting issues, solving problems and generally driving efficiencies across a range of processes
- A Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in payments or risk
- 2+ years of statistical modeling experience
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, etc.) or at least one statistical software (R, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience drawing insights from data
- Experience mentoring, coaching, leading or teaching non-technical people technical or analytical problem solving in an official capacity
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience in SQL
- Experience using Tableau
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top